Oral and maxillofacial surgeons diagnose and treat conditions specifically related to the mouth, teeth, jaws and facial regions.
We are focused on restoring the health, appearance and function of the mouth, jaws and face. We provide a wide range of services including:
- Dental implants
- Dental extractions including wisdom teeth
- Bone grafts
- Corrective jaw surgery
- Oral pathology
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain and dysfunction
- Trauma including facial fractures, jaw fractures, soft tissue lacerations and dental injuries
- Cleft lip and palate
- Repair of failed root canals
These procedures require years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training following graduation from dental school. In addition, continuing education is critical in order to remain at the forefront of oral and maxillofacial surgery. Please visit Dr. Skinner's information to learn more.
It's About How We Treat You
What makes OMAX different than other similar providers? Here are some of the many ways our office makes your care exceptional:
- Accurate diagnosis and preop evaluation
- Technology and advanced methods
- Staffed with highly trained and compassionate assistants to provide excellence in patient care
- Intravenous sediation administered by Dr Skinner or his registered nurse under his direct supervision, as well as additional support in stress relief and anxiety mangement. A board certified anesthesiologist or certified nurse anesthetist is always available when necessary.
- In addition to scheduled appointments following the surgery we provide 24-hour on-call service.
Dr. Skinner’s career has focused on these complex procedures; he is a recognized expert in dental implants, dental extractions, TMJ disorders and corrective jaw surgery, among other treatments. Dr. Skinner and his staff also diagnose and treat facial pain and injuries to the jaw and face including fractures.
Our office team is trained in IV sedation and general anesthesia. Patients are continually monitored during and after surgery to ensure a safe and comfortable procedure. Dr. Skinner and his surgical staff are all well trained and certified in Basic Life Support as well as Advanced Cardiac Life Support and participate in continuing education to further their knowledge and abilities.
We’re Here to Help
We welcome you to call 509.928.3600 with any questions or to learn more about OMAX oral and maxillofacial treatments and procedures.
Schedule an Appointment
New Patient Registration
Oral Surgery Procedures
Contact Us and Driving Directions